Return to previous page
By Jennifer from Provo
What are the steps for planting a new tree or shrub?
- Dig a hole just as deep as the ball or container and two to three times as wide.
- Remove the container or and hard wire.
- Place the tree or shrub into the hole and backfill with the original soil from the hole.
- Lightly compact the soil into the hole with the shovel or your foot. Be careful to not over compact or damage the plant
- Water generously and add a root starter.
These answers are for informational purposes only. While we try to keep our answers up to date and accurate, sometimes situations invalidate our answers and they may no longer be accurate.